Amazon Banner

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Receipts for Warranty Are They Important?

Earlier this year, visited US Premium Outlets in San Francisco.  Went to Dunhill and purchase a wallet and a belt.  The staff as friendly and reminded me to keep the Authentication Card which stated the purchase date for warranty purpose.  With a countercheck with them, are receipt still needed, they mention as long they have the authentication card, their system can verify it.  So in case you are giving it to someone as a gift, they won't know how much you have pay for it.  That makes sense. So trusting their words I didn't keep the receipt.  I paid in cash so the only form of payment would be the receipt.

Further down the road, in Sept this year, the belt gave way, not because I grew fatter on my waistline but the pin that whole the buckle came off.  The belt has been worn less than 10 times and obviously, this is a build issue.

I wrote into their customer service, they mention I would need the item, authentication card as well as the receipt.  I told them didn't their authentication card state the date of purchase and don't they record this in the system?  Apparently, they do not care and they don't even trust their own authentication card which they ask for.  In fact, to them the system is useless.  They need the receipt to prove that the record on their system if genuine.  Ironic right?  Either their system is a been hacked or completely unreliable for them to trust.

So end up my belt is useless to me now.

Learning from this case, never not keep your receipt.  Always have it in the original packaging that comes with the item.

One time experience with Dunhill is all I need to ever make a purchase from them.  Even companies like Samsonite is able to verify from their system and yet a company with such premium brand cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be published once confirmed not advertisements.