Did a search and found many article and finally found in this thread. Took me a while to understand what it takes.
Here I have simplify for anyone who needs an Amazon Echo and configure to their own address and Country Time.
First use Google Chrome browser.
- Go to the Extension and add Request Maker. Make sure the white envelop is now on your taskbar.
- Make sure your browser is clean by removing any cookies that has Amazon.
- Open a new tab, head to Alexa setup page.
- Go to Settings>Your Echo's name> Device Location, just key in the postal code: 12345
- Now click on the Request Maker icon, Look for a PUT request with this URL: https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/device-preferences/.
- Amend your address and timezone in the Raw Data section also look for your < timeZoneId: "" > and put it between "". Do this bit by bit. After one amendment, click the send button, you will see 200 OK means it successful else you will see 500 Internal Error.
- E.g. "CELSIUS","timeZoneId":"Asia/Singapore",
- Once done, Test it on Amazon Echo. "Alexa, What is the time", "Alexa, What country am I in?".
Hope this helps.